TURNAROUND: 2 days
TALENT APPLIED: 200+
TALENT BOOKED: 27
Tell us about the app and where the idea came from?
The Finder app is an Australian-first innovation that combines personal finance management tools with automated comparisons across several different products.
The free app helps Australians better view their money by connecting with their bank accounts. It analyses their financial products and their spending, and notifies them of potential savings across four main products: savings accounts, credit cards, home loans and health insurance. It also includes a free credit score which is updated monthly.
The idea came from our Co-founder, Fred Schebesta, who wanted to create an innovative product that would disrupt the market and change the way people compare. Fred wanted to ease the idea of comparison and help people better financial decisions in a way that was easy and not overwhelming. This gave rise to the idea of the app.
Tell us about the social media strategy to launch the app?
We started with an initial influencer campaign on Instagram to generate awareness and encourage downloads. We were looking for influencers to post 1 in feed post as well as some stories with a swipe up link to the app store to download.
What were you looking for in your influencers?
When looking for influencers, we were looking for:
- How authentically they connected with their followers
- Their age group and lifestyle - we wanted users who would benefit from the app as they would be the right fit for the campaign
- If they had spoken about financial management and saving money before
- If they looked like your next door neighbor and you would trust what they were suggesting
- We were open to micro and macro influencer
If people want to know more, how can they find connect?
If people want to know more about the app they can find it here: finder.com.au/app. It can be downloaded from both the Apple App Store and Google Play store.